These tutorials focus mainly on OpenGL, Win32 programming and the ODE physics engine. OpenGL has moved on to great heights and I don't cover the newest features but cover all of the basic concepts you will need with working example programs.
Working with the Win32 API is a great way to get to the heart of Windows and is just as relevant today as ever before. Whereas ODE has been marginalized as hardware accelerated physics becomes more common.
Games and graphics utilities can be made quickly and easily using game engines like Unity so this and Linux development in general will be the focus of my next tutorials.
It was in August last year that I began writing MeshMaker, which has now been renamed to Geom, because I still love creating virtual geometry and working with Unity. When I learned that it was possible to write editor extensions for the program I jumped at the chance. The time spent learning the internals of Unity has been fruitful with the addition of six new editor extensions and the collection continues to grow with the addition of a new utility called Mesh Editor. I am very pleased with the results and hope that you will be too.
Mesh Editor - Advanced Mesh Editing in Unity
Only $10 until the end of August.
Mesh Editor is an advanced mesh editing utility for reshaping, splitting and extruding meshes. This program makes manipulating the vertices and triangles of meshes within the editor as easy as it gets.
The following features are currently implemented:
- Move/rotate/scale of vertices/edges/triangles/faces
- Extrude triangles/faces
- Subdivide triangles
- Delete triangles and faces
- Split meshes into submesh or new mesh
- Options to auto-update uvs/normals/colliders
- Toggle Blenderizer option
- Save meshes to project folder at any time
- Full undo/redo system for all features
- Built in snap to grid for position/rotation/scale
- Preferred hotkey selection
- Alt key highlights the wireframe
- Marquee to select or deselect multiple vertices
- Export to OBJ model format
- Works with all colliders
- No scripts or helper objects needed
More features will be added as the development gets closer to version 1.0.
Get all future updates:
Mesh Editor is currently in beta version 0.7. Edge loops and advanced edge/triangle splitting are just a couple of the features planned. If you have a request then please let me know.
For the month of August you can purchase MeshMaker which contains six other programs as well as Mesh Editor for the low price of $25 dollars.